School Holiday Fun in Baldivis
January 18, 2018
Baldivis is close to so many fun family things to do. Water, nature, sport – there’s everything nearby.
Fun in the Water
- Get wet and weary on a hot day at the WA Water Ski Park. There are 5 man made lakes, all sheltered from the wind and engineered so there is no boat wake (yes, you get towed by boats!). And there’s craft for any level – inflatables, skis, wakeboards and more.
- Swim with dolphins or watch penguin feeding at Penguin Island. There’s over 1,200 penguins there, but many are hunting in the sea during the day. These super cute penguins are fed at 10.30, 12.30 and 2.30 every day.
- Go fishing at Point Perron. Or simply walk along the weaving pathways and enjoy the spectacular views.
- See the penguins, sea lions and dolphins along the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. This stretches from Garden Island to the Southern point of Becher Point.
Fun on the Land
- Take a walk with the family at the Baldivis Nature Reserve Trail. Park at the Recreation Centre and check out all the birds, flowers and native vegetation. It’s a 2km walk.
- Enjoy book and air conditioning at the Mary Davies Library and Community Centre in Baldivis. It’s open 9.30am-6pm on weekdays, 9am-12pm on Saturday and 1-4pm on Sunday.
- Challenge your mates with laser tag at WASP Paintball. Laser tag is similar to paintball but there are no physical projectiles – so kids don’t get hit with paintballs. This game is suitable for kids aged 8 years and over.
- Visit the new Nature Play park or kick at ball at the new Sports Oval at the Edge. There’s great BBQ facilities and tables to feed everyone afterwards.
- Connect your kids with nature at the Baldivis Children’s Forest.
For location and distance from Baldivis, plus information on shops and transport, visit our amenities page.