First Home Buyers Assistance
If you’re a first home buyer, there’s plenty of assistance and grants to help you. Right now, you might be able to access $55K in grants to build your first home. Read more for advice on:
- $25,000 HomeBuilder Grant
- $20,000 WA Building Bonus
- The $10,000 First Home Owners’ Grant
- Keystart low deposit home loans
- Bonus landscaping and fencing package from The Edge
- First Home Loan Deposit Scheme.
If you’d rather just talk to someone, Reece is also here to help guide you in what you need to do and what to look out for. Call him on 0488 600 344 or pop in for a chat in The Edge Sales office – Key Avenue, Baldivis.
$25,000 HomeBuilder Grant
If you’re building a new home at The Edge, you might be able to get the Federal Government’s $25K HomeBuilder grant. You might qualify if
- You sign a contract to build a home between now and Dec 31 2020, and that home will be your principle place of residence
- You earn up to $125K as a single person or up to $200K as a couple
- You start the build within 3 months of signing the contract
- You’re aged 18+ and are an Australian resident.
Read more detail here.
$20,000 Building Bonus
If you’re building a new home at The Edge, you might also be able to get the WA State Government’s $20K Building Bonus. You might qualify if
- You sign a contract to build a home between now and Dec 31 2020
- You start the build within 6 months of signing the contract.
Read more detail here.
First Home Owner’s Grant
If this will be the first home you’ve bought in Australia, you can access Western Australia’s $10,000 First Home Owners’ Grant (FHOG). The grant is a one-off payment of $10,000 to help first home buyers buy or build their primary home.
- You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident
- The home must be your principal place of residence
- You must not have received the grant previously or owned a home in Australia
- The value of the home and land must be under $750,000.
About Keystart Home Loans
Keystart is a WA Government initiative that helps WA residents own their first home. Specifically, they:
- provide low deposit home loans, requiring deposits as low as 2%
- waiver the mortgage lenders insurance
- have no monthly account keeping fees.
This helps to lower your entry costs so that you can buy a home sooner.
You can use a Keystart home loan to fund your land and home building contract at The Edge. Find out about Keystart eligibility criteria or apply here.
Bonus Fencing & Landscaping Package
Choose to build your home at the Edge, and we’ll include Colorbond perimeter fencing and a front yard landscaping package for FREE.
Not only that, but we also have A class soil. This is more important than you think, because it means you also have lower site costs when it comes time to build.
First Home Loan Deposit Scheme
The First Home Loan Deposit Scheme is an initiative from the Australian Government. Eligible first home buyers will be able to buy a home with a 5% deposit.
It applies to house and land packages at The Edge that are valued up to $400,000. Read more about the eligibility criteria and how to apply here.